Personal Assistant Jobs & Duties
Personal Assistant job applicants must have recent, verifiable (references) experience as a personal assistant. They are service-hearted professionals that anticipate the needs of the principal(s), and always keep their privacy and confidentiality in mind. Personal Assistant job descriptions may include a combination of business and personal tasks, including:
- Online shopping and research
- Run errands – shopping, dry cleaners, post office, pharmacy, returns, etc.
- Vehicle inspection, registration, oil change, detailing, coordinating maintenance/repairs
- Research, schedule, and meet contractors/vendors
- Scheduling appointments (doctor, dentist, etc.)
- Coordinating travel (sometimes packing/unpacking as well)
- Keep inventory of supplies/shopping list
- Pet care – taking to / from vet / groomer / boarder
- Event planning
- Mail, sending packages, emails, thank you notes, correspondence
- Financial: paying bills from various accounts, scanning financial documents, submitting documents, etc.
- Organizational projects
- Staff management
Excellent oral and written communications skills, and computer proficiency are also required, as well as knowledge of both business and social protocol.