Full-Time Nanny in Central Austin (Brykerwoods)
“We are local Austinites who recently expanded our family with 3 littles. In addition, we have 3 pets (2 dogs, 1 cat). Our 19-month old son is curious, sweet and a great eater (no kids meals here); he also loves his naps and schedule. As of early November, we welcomed twin babies. With 3 kids under 2 and 3 pets, it is chaotic (in the best way!). Dad works full time out of the home, but loves to pop by for lunch if he’s able and spend time with us. We like the principles of Montessori learning but are not 100% full throttle (yet?).”
Family in central Austin (Brykerwoods) is seeking a Nanny to assist Mom with caring for three children under 2 years old. Older child goes to Mother’s Day out twice/week, but has frequent holidays and breaks. Duties include:
- Providing care for the children, including dressing, preparing meals and snacks, putting down for naps, etc.
- Engaging the children in age-appropriate activities that promote growth and development such as books, music, walks, play, arts/crafts, games, activities, tummy time, working on motor skills, sitting, etc.
- Keeping the common areas and children’s area tidy (e.g., wiping down counters, loading/unloading dishwasher, doing children’s laundry)
- Keeping parents apprised of low supplies
Nanny should be:
- Confident, experienced, and knowledgeable about infants/babies and toddlers, and have experience caring for multiple children at the same time; multiples experience a plus
- Patient and caring
- Dependable and trustworthy
- Engaging and creative
- Energetic – nanny should have stamina to go up and down stairs frequently throughout the day (playroom and children’s bedrooms upstairs)
- Able to maintain a prescribed schedule of feeding, sleeping, etc.
- Seeking a long-term fit
- Comfortable with pets – the family has one cat and two dogs (1 medium, 1 small) that the nanny may need to let in/out and refill water bowls
- Plus, but not required: Tdap vaccination, ability to travel with the family (occasional)
Dad works full-time outside the home, and Mom does not work outside the home, but may be in and out for appointments/errands and to take the older child to/from school.