Morning Nanny in North Central Austin (Crestview)
Family in Crestview is seeking a Nanny who will jump in and help Mom in caring for the children and household.
Duties will include:
- Providing care for the children, including dressing, changing, feeding/preparing children’s meals and snacks, putting down for naps, etc.
- Engaging the children in age-appropriate indoor and outdoor activities, such as books, music, walks, play, arts/crafts, tummy time (baby), games, activities, etc.
- Keeping the common areas and children’s area tidy (e.g., wiping down counters, loading/unloading dishwasher, clean/sterilize bottles, doing children’s laundry)
- Keeping parents apprised of low supplies (diapers, wipes, etc.)
- Occasionally transporting children or running errands (excellent driving record required)
Nanny should be:
- Confident, experienced, and knowledgeable about infants/babies, toddlers, and preschool-age children, and have experience caring for multiple children at the same time
- Extremely proactive – see things that need to be done and do them versus asking to be told; Mom has been handling and may be hesitant to ask for help, so Nanny will really have to jump in and be the extra set of hands for the children and household
- Kind and Caring
- Fun and engaging – the toddler has not had babysitters, so this will be a new experience
- Active and energetic – regularly getting down on the ground with the kids to play
- Mature and trustworthy
- Punctual and dependable
- Vaccinated: Tdap, Flu, COVID
- Comfortable with dogs – the family has two 50 lb dogs (rescues / mixed breed), although they will be kenneled when nanny is there
- Plus, but not required: any Saturdays 8:00am – 1:00pm that the nanny is willing to work
Dad owns a company and works full-time outside the home. Mom does not work outside the home, but has elderly parents who she will be assisting as needed.