Full-Time Family Manager in the Rice U Area
“Our family motto is that we are kind, loving, and respectful! We’re a family of four – both parents are in busy fields committed to helping others. Our two children (5 and 7 years old) are filled with passion for the world and a love for creative expression. We also have a solid animal menagerie to round out our home: an elderly pointer mix dog Bucky, two sibling pandemic kitties (Twinkle Toes and Piddie Paws) and four fish! We love spending time together, exploring nature, playing hide and seek, building forts, reading books and snuggling in to watch movies in the evenings.”
Family is seeking a kind and professional Family Manager for their home. Children are in school, so the day will include:
- Children’s laundry
- Loading/unloading dishwasher
- Making/changing kids’ beds/linens
- Tidying (and keeping home tidy throughout the day); the family has a housekeeper once/month for deep cleaning
- Daily dog walk
- Running errands (Target, Central Market, dry cleaning, etc.)
- Organizational projects (refrigerator, pantry, closets)
- Occasionally: interfacing with home repair personnel, researching specific event options (ie, summer camp options, event catering options) and organizing/presenting information
- Transporting children from school (excellent driving record required)
- Engaging in indoor and outdoor play, such as books, music, walks, arts/crafts, games, bicycles/scooters, activities, etc.
- Preparing snacks and meals for the children 3 days/week (and cleaning up afterwards); meal prep for family 2 days/week (chopping, washing, boiling water, thawing, measuring, heating up); if nanny enjoys cooking, that is a bonus!
- Assist with bedtime routine as needed
- When both childrens’ schools are out, organize activities outside of the home (e.g., museum, zoo, parks, swimming)
Seven-(almost eight)-year-old has anxiety disorder and has been making great strides under the care of a psychologist and psychiatrist. Experience working with children with emotional challenges is a plus, but parents will also provide guidance on language and tone to manage situations that are difficult or overwhelming for her.
Nanny should be:
- Experienced with school-age children
- Able to maintain boundaries and expectations set by parents, in a kind and loving manner; encourage children to assist with chores
- Service-minded and proactive, with a can-do attitude
- Mutually respectful
- Organized and a problem solver
- Honest and dependable
- Extremely safety-minded
- Comfortable with animals – the family has a dog, two cats, and fish
- Available for occasional date night sitting (maybe overnights from time to time)
- COVID vaccinated and boosted
Both parents work full-time, with Mom working from home several days/week, and Dad occasionally working from home.