Full-Time Nanny in Zilker
This family truly sounds lovely: “We are a very active family that loves music — dad loves to run half marathons and mom is a classically trained singer. When we aren’t exploring every playground from Round Rock to San Marcos, you can find us making waffles or pizza (our son’s favorites). Mom is an executive at a tech startup and dad is a partner at a consulting firm. We try to organize our time so we spend as much of it with our kids as possible; from morning cuddles to afternoon hikes to camping trips.”
- 10 days of vacation per year, 3-5 days of sick time
- 8 Paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
- Health insurance
This afternoon/evening position in Zilker is perfect for you if:
- You adore babies, and provide excellent, loving care
- You are highly experienced with schedules, feedings, developmental milestones, food introduction, along with all other typical baby care tasks (through the bedtime routine)
- You enjoy cooking; when Mom finishes up work, she wants to snuggle with her sweet girl, and she’s made it easy for you to prepare the family dinner with a weekly meal service (+ you may have to throw together a salad, boil pasta, etc. – simple tasks)!
- You want to be respected as the professional you are: Mom was a nanny for 10+ years, and she knows how hard you work, and how important you are to the family!
- You are service-hearted, with a can-do attitude – helping clean up after meals, loading/unloading dishwasher, wiping down counters, keeping things tidy
- You welcome family involvement:
- Grandpa entertains the toddler from 3:00pm – 6:00pm once he picks him up from preschool (Grandpa also has a Golden Retriever who sometimes comes along, who is occasionally at the house)
- Both parents work from home for the time being (Dad may begin traveling more often)
- You are bilingual English/Spanish or English/Mandarin
- You love to travel – the family will be going to the San Francisco area for 4-6 weeks for the holidays, and would love it if you were able to join them for most of it (can still be home for your family holiday); if not, this position may have to move to a later start date
- Fun pluses: a nanny who loves to sing or plays an instrument
Family is requiring the Covid vaccine, along with Flu vaccine and TDAP.