Full-Time Family Assistant in Pearland (family dinner cooking required)
- 2 weeks of vacation per year, 3-5 days of sick time
- 8 Paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Are you an organized, highly professional, and proactive Family Assistant who loves older children and loves to cook? Family in Pearland is seeking a candidate who will plan weekly dinners (family has
recipes but is open to new), make a list, grocery shop (waste-conscious), and keep refrigerator and pantry organized. Family Assistant will also plan activities, run errands, check P.O. box, return items, do children’s laundry, load/unload the dishwasher, keep counters wiped down, and take initiative to tackle organization projects (e.g., pantry, toys, kids’ closets, craft closet). Candidate will pick up the children, be assertive, but kind, in holding them accountable for their chores and homework while they prepare the family dinners. Family Assistant will then clean up (with the children), and transport children to evening activities, shopping, errands, etc. as needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be open-minded and an LBQTQ+ supporter and ally
- Be a role model for thoughtful, kind behavior
- See things that need to be done, and do them without waiting to be told – particularly regarding organization
- Be fun and energetic and enjoy baking, crafting, and swimming with older children
- Identify systems that aren’t working and help come up with solutions
- Preferred: have weekly meal-planning experience and a passion for preparing nutritious meals
The Family Assistant will also need to work Monday – Friday 10a-6p during summers and holidays. The family has two indoor persian cats (not responsible for regular pet care, but may be asked to check in on them and feed them and/or clean the litter pan while we are on vacation). Parents own a business together and work at an office near the home, and occasionally from home office. Candidate must be COVID vaccinated.
“We’re a busy family of 5 that loves anime movie nights and popcorn as much as swimming and grilling with friends late into the night. We’re software geeks, readers, artists, gamers, creatives, and homebodies. We’re hoping to find a kindred spirit that loves to play mermaids in the pool, hot glue (anything), try new recipes, and stalk the perfect lucite drawer organizer at The Container Store.”