Short-Term Nanny in South Central Austin
Caring and active family in south central Austin (Travis Heights) is seeking a nanny to fill in while their Nanny is out recovering from a surgery. Family is looking for support January 2 – January 27.
Duties will include:
- Providing all care, including changing, feeding/preparing children’s meals and snacks, putting down for naps, bedtime routine, etc.
- Engaging in indoor and outdoor (park, yard) play, such as books, music (, walks, arts/crafts, games, activities, etc.
- Keeping the common areas and children’s area tidy (e.g., wiping down counters, loading/unloading dishwasher, doing children’s laundry)
- Transport older child to/from school as needed (half days at Montessori school; excellent driving record required)
Nanny should be:
- Confident, experienced, and knowledgeable about babies, toddlers, and pre-school children, and have experience caring for multiple children at the same time
- Attentive to the emotional needs of the child, encouraging curiosity and creativity, and fostering communication
- Willing to become educated and practice the Janet Lansbury respectful discipline style
- Active and outdoorsy; a strong swimmer with basic water safety skills – family has a pool and nanny should be comfortable taking the children swimming
- Comfortable with dogs – the family has a border collie mix (50 lbs) that will occasionally need to be let in/out or the food/water refilled
- Seeking a long-term position – family is seeking a nanny who will become extended family for years to come
- A proactive self-starter
- COVID Vaccinated
Dad works primarily from home, but is in/out. Mom does not work outside the home.