Full-Time Family Assistant Job in Westlake
Super-sweet family in Westlake is seeking a Family Assistant who will provide personal assistance as well as companionship for their son (he is an extremely high-functioning neurodiverse child).
While child is in school, the candidate will provide personal assistance, often for the family’s lake home in Spicewood (mileage compensated at IRS rate). This may include:
- Stocking with groceries, delivering an item, cleaning out the refrigerator
- Meeting vendors/contractors
- Organizing projects
- Taking cars to get washed/detailed
When child is home from school (about 3:30pm), candidate will:
- Providing companionship – the child relates well with adults and is very pleasant; he enjoys gaming, swimming (Nanny must be able to swim and supervise swimming), and playing with friends – he does not have any extra-curricular activities; sometimes candidate will allow him to have space, while still overseeing his safety and security
- Assist with light homework
- Hosting playdates or taking him on an outing
- Guiding the child in regulating his emotions and social behavior, gently talk through emotions, etc.
Provide transportation as needed (excellent driving record required)
Family Assistant will be:
- Experienced with neurodiversity (Autism spectrum disorder, OCD, and/or ADHD) – caregiver should know appropriate approach/tones, etc.
- Extremely patient and gentle
- Attentive and consistent
- Mature and dependable
- Comfortable with dogs – the family has a 25 lb Cavapoo
- Able to occasionally shift hours when he is off of school
The family spends periods of time in the summer in Vail, but travel is optional, not required, for the Family Assistant.
Dad works full time, and candidate is allowing Mom time to get tasks accomplished, both inside and outside of the house, as well as providing care for date nights and occasional weekend social events (e.g., football games), which are planned in advance.