Live-in Senior Caregiver/Companion in Southwest Houston
*Schedule note: Looking to hire a candidate who is flexible and able to help on the weekends for emergencies or last minute needs outside of the schedule Saturday morning hours.
Caring son is seeking a Senior Caregiver/Companion for his active mother (in her late 70s). Duties will include:
- Cooking (preparation of simple meals – have leftovers and simple breakfasts/lunches ready to eat in the refrigerator)
- Keeping the home tidy, dishes done, laundry, etc. (she has deep cleaning every two weeks)
- Driving to errands/appointments as needed (although she also drives)
- Companionship (games, puzzles, walks, outings, etc.)
- Errands including grocery shopping, post office, etc.
- Scheduling meetings/appointments
- Need to be available in case there are any overnight emergencies, and for some Sat/Sun errands
- There are no medical duties, and the employer is very independent (loves to garden, not on any medications, no toileting, bathing, feeding, dressing, transferring at this time).
Caregiver will be:
- Experienced with senior care
- Have a can-do attitude
- Patient and caring
The live-in accommodations are an attic space converted into an apartment with its own living room, bedroom and kitchen.