Full-Time Nanny Manager in Midtown (must cook for family)
“We have two young boys, ages six and eight who adore crafts, outside-time, games, movies, snacks….they are loving boys, full of spirit, enthusiasm, and character. We have homes in Houston, Victoria, and Mexico as well as make frequent trips to New York City. Our boys love celebrating holidays and on the day to day – they are students at a Montessori school, taking part in many extracurricular activities, such as MMA, guitar, piano, swimming, and music theory. We welcome employees as extended family and try to make our household a nice work environment. Everyone who works at our property is a team player. We are looking for a nanny who is kind, responsible, and active, who can spend quality time teaching our boys valuable life skills and guiding them through these cherished years.”
Family in Midtown is seeking a flexible and positive Nanny Manager to join their care team. Duties will include:
- Providing all care, including getting them ready for school, feeding them, engaging them in indoor and outdoor play, games, activities, etc.
- Keeping the common areas and children’s areas tidy (e.g., wiping down counters, loading/unloading dishwasher); family has a housekeeper for deep cleaning
- Transport children to/from activities
- Household tasks, meal planning, organization, etc.
- Preparing simple nightly meals for the family (on weekdays) – able to follow recipes (be comfortable trying) – afternoon/eve nanny will have the children during this time
- Run errands, dry cleaners, grocery shopping as needed
- Restocking and maintaining inventory of staples
- When family is traveling, or children are in school, must be open to special projects
Nanny must be:
- Caring / loving
- A true team player – willing to pitch in where needed and work well with other nannies
- Dependable and punctual
- Active and energetic
- Self-motivated and hard-working
- Extremely organized
- An excellent communicator
- Comfortable with dogs – the family has a Belgian Malinois (outside), a 10lb white terrier mix (indoor), and a border collie mix (mostly outdoors)
- Not required, but nice to have: open to occasional travel
- Parents are self-employed and work both in and out of the home.