Short-Term Nanny in River Oaks
“We are a happy and active family of four. Our two little boys are playful and energetic and keep us very busy.
Our oldest, who is almost four, has been in Montessori school since he was 15 months old. He loves his classroom, teacher, and friends. He only goes to school for half the day and comes home for lunch and quiet time. He loves his wooden trains and magnitiles, and can play with them for hours. Although, his absolute favorite activity is riding his orange bike around the neighborhood. He can be a strong-willed child and always let’s us know what he’s thinking.
Our youngest is just 14 months. He is a big boy and is already climbing and running. He even has a few words. He is still on a two-nap-a-day schedule but is showing signs he might be ready to transition to one nap. He is a happy boy who greets everyone with a charming and chubby-cheeked smile. He will be joining his big brother at school in August for half a day.
We love schedules in our home and believe that it gives the children a needed sense of order. We have the boys in activities but don’t believe in over-scheduling them. We would instead encourage them to explore and investigate the world. Screen time is very limited in our home, and we use it sparingly. We try to keep the playroom set up in a Montessori style. Both boys love books and are happy to sit on your lap reading book after book.”
Kind, nurturing Nanny with years experience for family in the River Oaks area.
Duties will include:
- All care for 2 young boys, including age appropriate indoor and outdoor play
- Daily walks with boys (weather permitting)
- Light household tasks pertaining to children: laundry, cleaning bottles/dishes, straightening/organizing boys’ rooms and play areas
- Transportation to and from school and other activities – Nanny will use their own vehicle and receive mileage reimbursement
The ideal Nanny will be:
- Reliable and dependable
- Active – must be able to keep up with 2 busy boys
- Safety conscious
- Interactive – genuinely enjoy caring for littles ones and brings creativity to the job
- A great communicator
There are no pets in the home. Both parents work full-time. Dad works from home five days a week and Mom works from home two days a week.