Full-Time Nanny in Lakeway
Family in Lakeway is seeking a proactive and mature nanny to jump in and assist the family. Mom just gave birth at 28 weeks and the baby is in the NICU, so the initial schedule will be in the afternoon to assist with the older kids. When their baby is able to come home (around May), Nanny will pivot to the daytime schedule with the baby (older kids home after school). Duties will include:
- Providing all care, including dressing, changing, feeding/preparing children’s meals and snacks, putting down for naps, etc.
- Engaging the children in indoor and outdoor activities, such as books, music, walks, play, arts/crafts, tummy time (baby), games, activities, etc.
- Keeping the common areas and children’s area tidy (e.g., wiping down counters, loading/unloading dishwasher, clean/sterilize bottles, doing children’s laundry)
- Occasionally transporting children to/from school and activities (excellent driving record required)
Nanny should be:
- Confident, experienced, and knowledgeable about infants/babies and school-age children, and have experience caring for multiple children at the same time
- Preemie experience a BIG plus
- Warm, loving and kind
- Seeking a long-term position
- Vaccinated: COVID, Tdap and Flu
- Available for occasional overnights (several/year)
- Screen-free – not on the phone except for emergencies
Dad works (mostly from home for now), and Mom is on maternity leave (will work from home when maternity leave is over).
All initial interviews will be done via FaceTime or Zoom, as family is taking extra precautions to protect the baby’s health.
“We are a family of five with a nine-year-old girl, a six-year-old boy and a “little bitty” (boy) born in late March. We relocated last year from California to Austin so are somewhat new to Texas, but Mom grew up in the DFW area (lived in Colleyville and went to high school at Grapevine). Dad is from Minnesota originally where he learned to relish warm/hot days and hence, Austin… 🙂 We love to be active and outdoors whenever we can, and bought a house that backs up to an incredibly cute park which is a wonderful environment for the kids to be in. Dad works in health technology and is in the process of getting two different health tech companies off the ground. Mom leads marketing for a mobile music app and has had very fun jobs in toys and video games in her past. We strive for a home that’s full of laughter and smiles and a safe and warm environment that can support the kids as they grow.”