This Property Caretaker position is for an experienced professional seeking a unique opportunity. The role is to care for a 10,000 sq ft main house, 2000 sq ft cabin, 2500 sq ft mothers house on 150 acres, interior/exterior maintenance, project management and occasional trips to home in Dallas to perform handy-man tasks and mechanical inspections. Property is a lake house and secondary home on Cedar Creek Reservoir.
Duties Include but are not limited to:
- Manage daily access to property
- Cleaning, care and maintenance of vehicles. Create schedule and maintain all mechanical equipment on property. Including ATVs, recreational vehicles, boats, property maintenance equipment.
- Maintaining and cleaning garage.
- Maintain and troubleshoot any mechanicals that fail. Provide EM and Principals proposal options to perform any repairs.
- Ensure the property is maintained at all times and ready for Principal visits.
- Oversee renovation projects and report to Estate Manager & Principals.
- Find creative solutions to reoccurring issues
- Receive fuel deliveries
- Refuel Non-Ethanol fuel tank and Diesel as needed at local gas station.
- Interior & Exterior lightbulb check replacement and fixture cleaning.
- Pre-Arrival prep of main house perimeter to ensure a welcoming environment
- Pre-Arrival and Post-Departure prep/clean/store of boats, jet skis and tow-behind toys. Should be in a “get on and go” state of readiness.
- Be available for walks with Mr. and/or Mrs. to discuss new and ongoing projects and report to EM.
- Cleaning, refinishing and repair of patio and exterior furniture
- Weekly visits to Dallas property to perform maintenance checks, lightbulbs checks and small projects.
- Coordinate and work in tandem with Landscape Manager & team.
- Boating Safety Certifications preferred.
Initial Projects Include:
- Removal of all dead trees on property
- Burn backlog of debris
- Explore economic options for mowing field off main road
- Cleaning & organizing equipment barn and garage
- Manage repair of dock and boat lifts.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Clear communication skills. Must be able to clearly speak, read and write.
- Impeccable references and understanding of discretion.
- Ability to pass background check
- Mechanically incline (Trade Licensing will place you at the top of the list)
Hours: Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM (with flexibility)
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000/year DOE
Additional Benefits: 3 weeks PTO