Full-Time Nanny Manager/Educator in Kildeer
- 10 days of vacation per year (one week of the family’s choosing, 5 days of nanny’s choice), 3 days of sick time
- 8 Paid holidays: New year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day
Family in Kildeer is seeking an energetic, loving and responsible Nanny for their three children. Nanny will keep older kids on track for their distance learning (3rd/4th grade – attendance and focus, technology/connection support, and homework completion; will hire tutor several days/week as well), and will engage the children in indoor and outdoor activities such as games, puzzles, arts/crafts, sports, etc. Candidate will be an organized, fun, creative, engaging, outgoing person that genuinely enjoys being with and caring for kids. They must be mature and have great common sense, ensuring that the safety of the children comes first. They must have the energy to keep up with a very active three-year-old, and be capable and confident driving children to activities (family car provided to transport children; excellent driving record required; will also clean the interior of the car once/week or as needed). Household assistance will include doing the children’s laundry, keeping the children and common areas tidy (cleaning up after meals, play, crafts, etc.), facilitating mealtime (will be prepared), and letting the parents know when any school, food, etc. supplies are running low. Eventually, the nanny will be trained to prepare the children’s meals (it is a gluten-free household because one of the children has celiac disease). The family employs a full-time housekeeper for deep cleaning. Two of the children have asthma and carry inhalers when they have colds. Both parents work from home, and they currently have one family cat and two foster cats (no duties required).
The family is truly seeking a long-term fit (they had a previous nanny for 6 years). Several other qualities that the family is searching for include:
- Ability to be organized and prepared for kids’ activities and classes (bring ice skates, tennis racquets, water bottles, etc.)
- Competency to manage young children in a firm, but loving, and creative manner
- Someone who will lead and teach by example
- Patience and willingness to understand the children’s personalities, needs and feelings
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Enjoys organizing fun activities and (eventually) playdates
NOTE: Candidates must be following all procedures advised by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) for Coronavirus exposure prevention outside of their work hours (masks, hand washing, limiting contact/group sizes, social distancing, etc.). Initial interviews will be conducted virtually using Facetime, Zoom, etc.