Fort Worth, TX family (76107-Westover Hills) is seeking a Full Time Child Educator/Tutor to assist their seventh and ninth grade girls. They are seeking candidates with 2-5 years of teaching experience, ideally focused on middle or high school. Someone with the relevant grade level experience from Teach for America would also be a plus. The candidate may also have experience as an outside school tutor. Any standardize testing teaching experience is also a plus. Start date will be sometime after spring semester ends in 2020, perhaps July 1st or July 15th. However, some part time work is requested during the Spring of 2020 to get acclimated to the students along with their current tutor who will be leaving in June 2020. There is a possibility that a candidate can start in January 2020 in a part-time or even full-time capacity, for the right candidate, if this works better for them given their situation.
Work will include:
- Creating tailored instruction for each student to ensure content mastery in all subject areas
- Assisting in test and project preparation
- Measuring growth in individuals’ strengths and weaknesses
- Coordinating with family throughout each workday
- Connecting with teachers and extra-curricular instructors
Why this is an incredible opportunity:
- You get the opportunity to directly impact the lives of students; the student-teacher/tutor ratio is almost always 1:1 at a time!
- This is not a home-school position, and you do not have to manage a classroom!
- Excellent pay and full benefits; save up for grad school!
- The experience. Not only will the family ensure that you have all the resources you need to provide an effective learning environment for their students at home, but you might also have opportunities to accompany the family on various world-wide travels, during which you are able to provide tailored experiential instruction. One tutor actually got to travel with the family to Finland to see the Northern Lights.
- The connections. You will be working with a very well-connected family; opportunities for your career after working here will be limitless.
Pay/Hour Information: Total compensation will be increased up to 10-20% over current compensation based on experience, plus full benefits.
- Compensation is based on 12 months of work but unpaid summers off are open for discussion. For those who want 12 months paid salary, candidates can assist the family with their charitable foundation and philanthropic giving or perhaps travel with the family and assist them.
- This individual will work an average of 50 hours per week during the school year with a typical schedule of noon-10pm Sunday-Thursday, but some flexibility is required dependent on school workload, e.g. occasional Friday or Saturday work will be required from time to time during exams or major papers.
The successful candidate will:
- Have Middle or High school teaching experience
- B.A. from Top 25 ranked University
- Have had a 3.5 GPA, have SAT score above 2040 (or 1400 on new scale)
- Be willing to work for 2+ years with the family
- Have a good Texas tie
- Be a great teacher; classroom management is not part of this job